Briars Junior Rugby
Come and play Briars Junior Rugby 2020
Come and play rugby union at our family friendly club. In our 6th year of junior rugby we will have 2 stages of Juniors. Briars Junior Rugby is here to support your kids, and teach them what they need to know on the field.
The first being our Minis which is the Under 6’s – Under 9’s. The Minis form part of the Inner West Minis Competition and games are played on Saturday morning at St Lukes Oval Concord from 8am-11am. If your child is turning 5 in this calendar year they can become a Briar.
The second stage of Juniors is the U10’s – Under 16’s. Briars are a part of the Sydney Juniors Competition. These games are played on Sundays at various locations dependent of which part of the competition we are placed in. A number of games will be held at our home ground Rothwell Oval.
Queries about Briars Junior Rugby
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com
Like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/briarsjuniorrugby
Under 6’s- Under 9’s – $100 for the season
Under 10’s- Under 16’s – $140 for the season
This includes affiliation costs, Training Shirt, Jersey, Socks and Shorts
Active Kids voucher can be used resulting $100 discount on the above.
Registrations for 2020 season are now open.
The website for registrations is below or alternately by downloading the Rugby Xplorer App on your phone.
A few things to know to make it easier to register:
• You will need to obtain your Active Kids $100 Rebate Voucher from Service NSW BEFORE you register. You will have the option to input the voucher number during the registration process and the discount will apply automatically to the registration fee.
• You will need to login with your email address previously used to register for the 2019 season or create a new account if not previously registered. It should recognise all your accounts with email address. If not, you can select ‘Create linked rugby account’ and either select the child to be linked to your account or create a new account.
• After you click on Register and select which child you are registering you will need to search for and select “Briars Junior Rugby”
• Registration Type, select the following: Role:Player, Registration Type: XVS Juniors, Duration: Season
• You will be given the option to upload a photo. This needs to be done for all players U10 and up as it shows up on team sheets.
• Select “No” when you are given the option to ‘Make my name private’ otherwise the player won’t appear on team sheets.
If you have problems with registration please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly Training Session
Where: Greenlees Park (Ian Parade Concord)
When: Thursdays 5.30pm – starting March 5 2020
We would love your help
For every team, we require 2 parents to volunteer. We require a coach and a team manager. The coach will be provided with training, and will be required to run training sessions each week, and be there at beach game on the weekend. The teams manager’s role is to ensure all players are available each week, and to assist the coach as needed.
Weather & field closure
To stay up to date with the latest news and wet weather changes, please like our Facebook page www.facebook.com/briarsjuniorrugby
For field closures for Greenlees Park, Rothwell Oval and St Lukes Oval please use Canada Bays wet weather number on 02 9911 6375